H. J. Oldenkamp Co., a Michigan based wholesale distributor of interior building products, is seeking an experienced Human Resources Administrator interested in a part time opportunity. The position is accountable for the administration of HR activities and is responsible for providing human resource expertise and services to support a work environment that maximizes organizational effectiveness, employee satisfaction while enhancing the organization’s ability to attract and retain qualified staff.
- Recruitment – Manage all aspects of recruitment, selection and placement by ensuring that job descriptions are developed and updated, effective sourcing techniques are implemented and that interviews are conducted promptly and with ease.
- Orientation– Construct and deliver a comprehensive organizational orientation that offers new staff information needed to begin in their roles with ease, the organization an opportunity to connect with the new hire and internal departments the opportunity to train on processes and procedures pertinent to the new employee’s role.
- Benefits – Implement and administer all aspects of the benefit and insurance offering (medical, dental, short- & long-term disability, term life insurance and 401k) by conducting annual open enrollment meetings and completing compliance/reporting requirements for 50-60 employees.
- Workers Compensation/Unemployment Insurance – Direct all aspects of the workers’ compensation and unemployment to include all claims, reporting and record keeping requirements.
- Workforce Policy– Review, update and maintain the Employee Handbook ensuring that all policies reflect the organizations practices and that the organization is meeting all state and federal guidelines.
- Compensation – Construct a comprehensive salary matrix and review annually by conducting salary surveys to ensure that salaries and the benefit package offered is competitive.
- Training– Provide continuous opportunities for staff to develop skills deliver required trainings and accurately retain records of all staff trainings, and licensure.
- Employee Performance– Direct and oversee the ongoing and annual Performance Appraisal process for the organization and provide continuous support to managers and staff with performance improvement needs.
- Continued Education– Maintain current on all laws and new trends impacting Human Resource issues. Review best practice standards and implement new policies and procedures as needed.
- Administrative– Develop and maintain employee and HR related files, update and maintain employee records to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Security and Privacy–Adhere to Federal, state and Oldenkamp security and privacy policies
- – Other role related duties as assigned by management on an as needed basis.
- Experience: 5+ years of Human Resources / Benefits experience required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications, or relevant field required.
- Certifications or Licenses Required: Human Resources Certification or other relevant certification is preferred.
- Technology- Strong ability in using MS Office and experience with HR software systems
- Communication- Express oneself in an articulate and effective manner verbally and in written form.
- Problem Solving and Reasoning – Deal with abstract as well as concrete and complex problematic situations; define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Organizational Skills- Demonstrate a systematic approach in carrying out job responsibilities.
- Conflict Resolution- Demonstrate the ability to diffuse and resolve conflict.
The H. J. Oldenkamp Company is a market leading wholesale distributor of building products serving the Midwest and south-central United States for 75 years. We have partnered with key industry manufacturers to develop and execute joint business strategies. Oldenkamp offers high value, brand name interior building products to broad markets, which includes residential and commercial channels, both new construction and remodel.