Michigan based wholesale distributor of Cabinetworks / Masco Cabinets and DuPont Surfaces building products is seeking a Samples & Literature and Shipping Associate to become an integral part of our team! You will help manage our Samples and Literature Department, along with coordinating our incoming and outgoing shipment activities. You must have excellent communication skills and be able to run a highly organized area with large volumes of transactions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organize the Sample and Literature Area making sure it’s safe, clean, and orderly
- Pick, pack, and ship items to customer
- Use the most cost-effective method to ship items to the customer
- Monitor sample and literature usage by running bi-weekly reports
- Coordinate sample and literature replenishment with Purchasing Department
- Assemble, address, stamp, and ship merchandise or material
- Unpack, verify, and record incoming merchandise or material
- Manage outgoing UPS shipments
- Assist customers with shipping inquiries
- Work cooperatively with the Marketing and Sales Department
- Assist Customer Service Department
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office and order entry software
- Proficient at time management
- Must be a team player, personable, professional, and flexible
- A successful candidate must be capable of organizing and processing with minimal supervision.
We offer a competitive salary and a complete benefits package.
The H. J. Oldenkamp Company is a Michigan based wholesale distributor of building products serving the Midwest and South Central United States. We have partnered with key industry manufacturers to develop and execute joint business strategies. Oldenkamp offers high value, brand name interior building products to broad markets, which includes residential and commercial channels, both new construction and remodel.