The Accountant is responsible for helping to oversee the daily general accounting functions of our business. Overall duties include payroll processing, sales tax usage, recording financial data correctly, reconciliation, generating financial reports.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring financial records of an assigned area
- Prepare financial reports and accounting statements
- Post journal entries to general ledger
- Routine data entry management for accounting records
- Process payroll and prepare necessary reports
- Proof accounting reports for clerical accuracy
- Allocate expenditures to correct accounts
- Code invoices, create new accounts, reconcile accounts
- Assist in month/year end activities
- Review billing statements, invoices, and similar documents for accuracy; alert staff of any discrepancies
- Processing weekly check runs
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is preferred
- 2-3 years of general financial accounting and payroll experience
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles
- Highly proficient with accounting software, MS Office (MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook) including data entry with the ability to learn other software.
- Proficient with Paychex,
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must have effective verbal and written skills and be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Must have strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to details
- Must be able to work Monday – Friday (8:00am – 5:00pm). We are willing to consider a part-time arrangement for the right person who meets these requirements
Interested? Apply on-line: https://www.oldenkamp.com/career-opportunities/accountant/
It is every associate’s responsibility to continuously make improvements to their job assignments as well as to make suggested improvements to other Oldenkamp processes and procedures.
The Oldenkamp Company is committed to offering industry-leading service. The Oldenkamp Company calls on each associate to provide the highest level of service in helping to meet our commitments to our customers. Our customers expect nothing less than a job done right. Our job is to do it right.