HJ Oldenkamp, a Michigan based wholesale distributor of Masco Cabinets and DuPont Surfaces building products, is looking for an organized customer service focused individual with a can-do attitude to join our very successful Customer Service Team.
The Customer Service position is responsible for the direct interaction with customers seeking information about our products and services or customers placing orders to make a purchase. The Customer Service activities include: processing phone, fax or email orders, quoting customers, providing product and services information, following up on orders and shipping dates, working with outside sales associates, setting up new items, and other customer related activities. You will also work with the Customer Service Team to look at new ideas and initiatives to constantly improve processes and service for our customers.
- 3+ years customer service experience preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication are a must
- Ability to answer incoming calls with professionalism, and in a pleasant manner
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining quality and meeting deadlines
- Able to work independently yet function as part of a team
- Proven work history
- Proficient in MS Office with emphasis on Excel and Outlook.
- Comfortable learning new computer systems
- Familiarity with building products is a plus
- Competitive salary, 401K, Profit Sharing, PTO, Holidays, and Medical/Dental benefits
- Based on experience and qualifications
The H. J. Oldenkamp Company is a market leading wholesale distributor of building products serving the Midwest and south-central United States for 75 years. We have partnered with key industry manufacturers to develop and execute joint business strategies. Oldenkamp offers high value, brand name interior building products to broad markets, which includes residential and commercial channels, both new construction and remodel.