H.J. Oldenkamp, located in Madison, AL, is a wholesale distributor of interior building products (kitchen & bath countertops and cabinets) serving the South-Central United States as well as the Midwest.
As a Delivery Driver, you are responsible for many aspects of the warehouse and delivery processes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- As a CDL B licensed driver, you must be able to read, understand and adhere to the H.J. Oldenkamp Safe Driving Policy
- Ensure that all truck loads are safely and securely fastened using guidelines set by the FMCSA.
- Report all traffic/legal violations (both personal and job related) to your supervisor
- Maintain a professional image for our customers through clean and proper uniforms and courteous service
- Loading and unloading all third-party truck shipments
- Accurately check-in merchandise shipments
- Put away received stock into its proper locations
- Assist in the handling of stone material
- Rotate merchandise with limited shelf-life
- Distribute UPS/FedEx deliveries
- Store and band skids and other warehouse materials
- General building maintenance duties (floor cleaning/trash removal, Keeping a clean and safe warehouse area.)
- Stage/pull orders for truck deliveries
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Provide/Maintain a valid CDL B Driver’s License and an Air Brake endorsement
- Maintain a current understanding of all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requirements and guidelines
- Maintain a valid medical card
- Previous driving/warehouse/shipping & receiving experience would be a plus
- Be able to work Monday – Friday; 8 am – 5 pm
- Lift up to 80 lbs. on a regular basis
- Be reliable/on-time/Dedicated
- Have reliable transportation to and from work
We offer excellent benefits, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, and uniforms. No weekends.
We are an EOE
The H. J. Oldenkamp Company is a market-leading wholesale distributor of building products serving the Midwest and South-Central United States for 75 years. We have partnered with key industry manufacturers to develop and execute joint business strategies. Oldenkamp offers high-value, brand-name interior building products to broad markets, which include residential and commercial channels, both new construction and remodeling.
Willing to train but experience that would be considered a plus – warehouse worker – production – manufacturing – assembly – shipping/receiving – landscaping – construction laborer – general labor.