HJ Oldenkamp, a Michigan based wholesale distributor of Kitchen & Bath cabinets and countertop surfaces, is looking for a reliable Warehouse Team Leader with a can-do attitude to join our team.
As a Team Leader, the individual is responsible for people, products and processing of inventory in the warehouse. The primary responsibilities of this position are to responsibly lead fellow co-workers under the guidance of the warehouse management and to assist in supporting day-to-day functions (hands-on-work moving inventory/product in and out of the warehouse). You will be required to assume a reasonable amount of leadership responsibility outside of moving product into and out of the building. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in providing contiguous workflow throughout the day.
- Provide positive motivation and constructive feedback to help improve employee performance and job completion
- Provide and enforce a safe work environment (Safety glasses, clean work area, ear protection, etc.)
- Be capable of performing the full duties of the warehouse personnel that you lead.
- Coordinating and assisting in pulling customer orders for next day shipments.
- Assist with ensuring all orders are properly pulled and filled.
- Assist with truck routing and delivery schedules.
- Ensure timely delivery of product to customers.
- Service walk-in customers.
- Driving routes during driver absence/shortage.
- Coordinate with Customer Service regarding orders & deliveries
- Schedule coverage for pickups
- Follow direction and guidance from management
- Take a lead role in receiving and shipping customer product and merchandise.
- Maintain organized easily accessible records.
- Building closing/opening and security
Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of warehouse experience, along with 1-2 years as a team lead or supervisor experience. Strong leadership and organizational skill with a high attention to details is equally important. Other requirements include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs
- Must have strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Must have valid Driver’s License (plus a CDL B or Chauffer is desirable)
- Basic computer skills (MS Office)
- Must be reliable, hard working, dedicated and a team player
It is every associate’s responsibility to continuously make improvements to their job assignments as well as to make suggested improvements to other Oldenkamp processes and procedures. As a Team Leader, you must lead and encourage this effort in the warehouse. Improvements are required to maintain our market position.
The Oldenkamp Company is committed to offering industry-leading service. The Oldenkamp Company calls on each associate to provide the highest level of service in helping to meet our commitments to our customers. Our customers expect nothing less than a job done right, our job is to do it right.
Interested? Please apply online at: https://www.oldenkamp.com/career-opportunities/