Michigan based wholesale distributor of interior building products including DuPont Corian® Surfacing Products and Cabinetworks/Merillat Cabinetry is seeking a Commercial Sales Manager to work out of our Royal Oak, MI headquarters and lead our Commercial Sales Teams in our Midwest and South-Central territories.
This position directs and leads the overall efforts within the commercial construction segments to establish new business relationships as well as expanding existing ones for DuPont Surfaces (Corian Solid Surface, Corian Quartz and Corian Endura), cabinetry (Cabinetworks/Merillat & others) and our other building materials. The focus of the sales efforts includes Architects, Designers, OEM’s, General Contractors, Millwork Companies, Property Managers, Property Owners and Fabricators business channels. Other responsibilities include developing, motivating, and managing sales personnel in the successful completion of manufacturer and company goals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Management/Leadership – hiring, training, evaluating, and developing personnel; ensure compliance with policies and procedures
• Provide management, mentoring, and coaching to our commercial team to help service customers and increase sales
• Motivate the sales team to achieve the segment and channel sales goals
• Assess and develop associate skill levels, effectively evaluate, and provide personal development plans for each direct report
• Business Planning – formulation of strategies, develop action plan, implement strategies and programs, identify key customers, optimize sales resources
• Sales – Identify, develop, and sell customers at a senior level
• Customer contact – in conjunction with local sales associates call on key customers and attend meetings/programs as required
• Coordinate Oldenkamp and manufacturer commercial marketing plans and programs
• Interface with supplier’s representatives to coordinate activity in a proactive manner
• Execute strategic business plans
• Manage cross-functional relationships to support accounts
• Create relationships with all levels of customers and manufacturers
• Achieve or exceed territory goals and expectations
• Use strong communication skills to establish and organize the sales team’s priorities
• Ability to interface with all supplier personnel to execute sales and marketing plans in our territories
• Live in the Metro Detroit area
• Ability to travel to our South-Central territory quarterly
• BA/BS in business, marketing, or related field preferred
• 7-15 years sales and supervisory experience
• Excellent organizational and people skills
• Extensive knowledge of building materials industry
• Proven leadership
• Proven record of successful sales team management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and CRM / contact management programs
We offer an excellent salary, bonus program, car allowance program and a complete benefits package.
The H. J. Oldenkamp Company is a Michigan based wholesale distributor of building products serving the Midwest and South-Central United States. We have partnered with key industry manufacturers to develop and execute joint business strategies. Oldenkamp offers high value, brand name interior building products to broad markets, which includes residential and commercial channels, both new construction and remodel.