HJ Oldenkamp, a Michigan-based wholesale distributor of interior building products including Cabinetworks, Merillat Cabinetry, and DuPont Surfaces is seeking an outgoing, detail-oriented individual to work as a Kitchen & Bath Design Support in our Showroom with Remodelers, Builders, and Multi-Unit customers on kitchen and bath sales and design.
- Greet walk-in clients and determine how to best assist them
- Answer phones and direct calls
- Work directly with clients in showroom referred by contractors to make selections, answer questions, and offer design solutions
- Work with walk-in clients who do not have contractors (Contractor referral program)
- Work with Sales Associates and HJO account holders/contractors to provide 20/20 designs, renderings, floor plans, selection sheets, and any other documents needed to help close a sale
- Help maintain the HJO Showroom Displays, Cabinet and Countertop Selections Centers, Sample & Literature Walls, Front Desk Area, Conference Room, and Front Kitchen Area
- Work with Marketing Team as needed on various projects
- Track all visitor activity in HJO’s Contact Management System (ACT)
- Assist HJO Design Team with kitchen and bath designs, presentations, and samples
- Work with Customer Service Team to help HJO account holders place orders
- Assist prospective new customers with filling out application forms and submitting to Accounting Team
- Execute various projects and tasks assigned in a timely manner
- Ideal candidate should have 1-3 years of previous retail or customer service experience
- A college degree or some college is a plus
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to work full-time in the office Monday – Friday (8:00am – 5pm)
- Ability to problem solve while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude
- Must possess strong time management skills and be able to handle multiple projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and ACT!
- 20/20 Design knowledge is required
- Previous Kitchen and Bath Design, Cabinetry, and Architecture or Design experience is strongly desired.
- Full-time hours (Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm) with occasional overtime
- Competitive salary, 401K, Profit Sharing, PTO, Holidays, and Medical/Dental benefits
- Based on experience and qualifications
The H. J. Oldenkamp Company is a market-leading wholesale distributor of building products serving the Midwest and south-central United States for 75 years. We have partnered with key industry manufacturers to develop and execute joint business strategies. Oldenkamp offers high-value, brand-name interior building products to broad markets, which include residential and commercial channels, both new construction and remodeling.