Founded in 1946, H.J. Oldenkamp Co. is a Michigan based sales and distribution business focused on providing the unparalleled Oldenkamp Experience to its longstanding cabinet and countertop surfacing customers in the Midwest and South-Central United States. These customers include home remodelers, builders, countertop fabricators, cabinet dealers, and lumberyards. In servicing these customers, we have partnered with key industry manufacturers, including Cabinetworks/Masco Cabinets and DuPont Corian Design Surfaces, to develop and execute joint business strategies. Sound like a place where you can grow and succeed? Read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity to join our team.
We are seeking an assertive, self-motivated B2B Outside Sales Representative to service existing residential customers and increase cabinet and countertop sales. The position will service Macomb, St. Clair, and (Eastern) Wayne counties.
Build trusted relationships with key contacts at existing and new customers while leading the customers’ Oldenkamp Experience. Key products will be cabinets and Quartz surfacing.
Facilitate sales through the following responsibilities:
- Schedule and execute in-person sales meetings with existing and potential customers (6-8 meetings/day).
- Generate new sales opportunities with developers, K&B dealers, and stone fabricators.
- Update and maintain cabinet and surfacing displays, while increasing customers’ product knowledge.
- Sell new cabinet products and features, Quartz aesthetics, and other new product lines with recommended utilization and benefits.
- Complete cabinet measurements and general layouts in homes and multifamily developments.
- Maintain CRM meetings, follow-ups, opportunities, and sample data.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidate should live in Macomb County or the surrounding area.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of builder materials sales experience with strong relationship, organizational, presentation, and follow-up skills.
- Cabinet and/or countertop sales experience is a plus.
- Self-starter with an independent work ethic.
- Strong organization and time management skills to maintain a 100+ customer portfolio.
- Active listener with strong communication and persuasion abilities.
- Decisive problem solver with the ability to quickly adapt.
- Familiar with CRM / contact management programs is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
The Outside Sales Representative position includes the following benefits:
- Competitive salary (commensurate with years of experience) and bonus program
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401k program with profit sharing
- Vehicle allowance and customer expense reimbursement
- Paid PTO and holidays
H.J. Oldenkamp is a family-owned and oriented business that aims to provide its team members with a complete benefits program, including competitive compensation, benefits and wellness programs, and career development. This goal has contributed to our 76 years in the building industry and is a tribute to our dedicated team members, many of whom have been loyal contributors for over 20 years.
The ideal candidate may have previous experience – Cabinet Sales – Countertop Sales – Surfacing Materials Sales – Kitchen Sales – Bath Sales – Builder Sales – Multi-Unit Sales – Quartz Sales – Solid Surface Sales – Designer