Purpose: HJO is seeking an aggressive, self-motivated B2B Outside Sales Representative to service existing customers and increase cabinet and countertop sales in Macomb, St. Clair, and Wayne counties.
Build trusted relationships with key contacts at existing and new customers while leading the customers’ Oldenkamp Experience. Facilitate increases in sales through the following responsibilities.
- Schedule and execute in-person sales calls with existing and potential customers (5-8 / day)
- Generate new sales opportunities with existing and new customers
- Update and maintain cabinet, Corian Solid Surface, and Corian Quartz samples for customer displays
- Present new cabinet products and features, surfacing colors, and other new product lines with recommended utilization and benefits
- Maintain CRM meeting, follow-up, opportunity, and sample data
Skills and Requirements
The desired candidate will have 3 plus years of builder materials sales experience with strong relationship, organizational, presentation, and follow-up skills. Cabinet or countertop sales experience is a plus. Candidate should live in Macomb County or surrounding area.
- Self-starter with independent work ethic
- Strong organization and time management skills to maintain 200+ customer portfolio
- Active listener with strong communication and persuasion abilities
- Decisive problem solver with ability to quickly adapt
- Building material sales experience required
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Cabinet sales experience is a plus
- Familiar with CRM / contact management programs is a plus
- 20/20 Design or other cabinet design program experience is a plus
- Live in Macomb County or surrounding area
Benefits and Compensation
The Outside Sales Representative position includes the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401k program with profit sharing
- Vehicle allowance and customer expense reimbursement
- Paid PTO and holidays
- Based on experience and qualifications
H.J. Oldenkamp is a family owned and oriented business with the goal of providing its team members with a complete benefits program, including competitive compensation, benefits and wellness programs, and career development. This goal has contributed to our 75 years in the building industry, and is a tribute to our dedicated team members, many of whom have been loyal contributors for over 20 years.