When it comes to picking out new cabinetry, the options are seemingly endless. There are so many product lines, colors, finishes, and price ranges to choose from. You may be wondering where to even begin. Look no further, we can help! We put together a few thoughts for you to consider as you begin your project.
- Price/Budget: The very first thing you need to think about when selecting cabinetry is how much you want to spend. That will dictate which brands you will look at vs. what may be out of your scope. Make sure that this is determined before you even reach out to a contractor to start the project.
- What Kind of Cabinets Do You Want? Are you looking for custom cabinets, semi-custom, or pre-fabricated? A lot of this may be pre-determined by your budget, but it would be good for you to look into what each of these cabinet types are and decide which option you prefer.
- Consider Storage Space: How much storage do you need in this space with your cabinets? Whether you have basic storage needs or need a lot of help with organization, there are different cabinets that can help your situation.
- Do Some Research: What kind of door style do you prefer? What color cabinets will best match your space? Are you looking for something modern, traditional, farmhouse, etc? Do some searching online to see what styles match more of what you’re looking for.
- Choose a Quality Cabinet Line and Request Samples: You don’t want to have to replace these cabinets in just a couple of years, so make sure you are getting the most bang for your buck. Just because your budget isn’t very big, it doesn’t mean you have to settle for cheap cabinets. And while you are looking at different cabinet lines, make sure you ask for samples to see specific color and finish examples.
- Enjoy Your New Cabinets! Whether your project was a kitchen or bathroom renovation, a new build, or anything else, enjoy the end result!
When you choose one of H. J. Oldenkamp Co.’s cabinetry brands, you can trust that your cabinets will last and still look great over time. We have an array of cabinets varying in color, finish, and price. Regardless of your budget/cabinet preferences, we will have the perfect match!